Simply stated: I love food. (hence the extra baby lbs and hopefully frequent trips to the gym) I also love to cook. One of the best cooks I know is my sister in-law Amy. We can thank her for this fabulous new recipe.....
Italian Chili
1 lb Italian sausage
1/2 C. diced green pepper
1/2 C. diced red pepper
1/2 C. diced onion
1 clove garlic minced
Brown sausage with peppers, onion, and garlic. Then add the following:
2 15 oz cans Italian tomatoes diced
1 15 oz can chili beans
1 15 oz can white kidney beans
1 1/2 tsp. basil
1 1/2 tsp. oregano
1 1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
2 Tbsp. corn starch mixed well with 1/2 C. cold water or cold beef broth
Heat to boiling stirring occasionally. Let simmer 20 minutes. For those who don't love sausage I used half hamburger and half sausage and it turned out really well!
This was great with some warm crusty garlic bread and we even put shredded Parmesan cheese on top. I dare say it is better than the O.G.!
First Day of School....at a New School...
14 years ago
3 comments:
Greg said this was yummy!
I am tempted to ask wt*, but that would be inappropriate. I never thought I would see the day; we are both officially hypocrites! I love you and your cooking, so this will be a site that I will frequently be visiting. Good night!
Mmmmm. Sounds delish! I will be makiing this soon!
Post a Comment