I know it's St. Patrick's Day and I know this is Italian but at least it's good! This is a recipe my Mom made for us when Gabe was born and brings back fond memories. It's really easy and has wonderful flavor. (My sister in-law does a similar version with turkey and a few more ingredients to make a sloppy joe. E-mail me if you want that recipe also.) Thanks Mom for all your ideas and taking care of me!
1 1/2 lbs. hamburger
1 1/2 lbs. Italian sausage
2 large onions, sliced
2 large green peppers, sliced
2 large sweet peppers, sliced
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. pepper
1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
8 sandwich rolls
Monterey jack or pepper jack cheese
Brown hamburger and sausage. Drain. Place a third of veggies in the bottom of crock pot. Top with half the meat. Repeat layers; top with remaining veggies. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Cook for 6 hours on low. Serve inside roll with cheese on top. This is wonderful with or without red pepper flakes. Also is a great recipe to half as it makes a ton!
First Day of School....at a New School...
14 years ago
1 comment:
This is so good...I hope you don't mind if I add it to my food blog too!
Post a Comment