Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Those Finnish Sure Know How to Make Soup!

This is a recipe that my mother in-law found and I Loved it. It is a simple, creamy, smooth soup that even your kids will like and it's a great way to sneak in a few veggies!

Finnish Vegetable Soup
  • 1 head cauliflower, chopped
  • 2 large potatoes, chopped
  • 8 carrots, peeled & chopped
  • 2 zucchini, chopped
  • 1 quart chicken broth
  • 8 oz cream cheese
  • salt & pepper to taste

In a 6 quart stock pot combine all ingredients, except cream cheese, to a boil. Cook until veggies are soft, about 20 to 30 minutes. Add cream cheese. Blend in a blender until smooth. Serve with a little grated parmesan cheese on top.

This is wonderful with a crusty warm bread and your favorite salad.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amber, I didn't know you were blogging! Found you through another blog & invited myself to read this fabulous recipe. Looks yummy, I'll have to try it!

Thanks,
Heather

-ps I added you to my "blog list" hope that's okay!

Emily said...

Yummy!!!

Hilary said...

This sounds really good! I'll have to try it! Thanks!

LeAnn said...

I can't wait to try this!! Keep posting, my favorite thing is to try new recipes, between you and Emily, I should be set :)!!

Anonymous said...

I made this for dinner tonite, and it is sooooo good!!!! Holy cow it made a TON soup!! I will be eating on it for a couple days for lunch and freezing the rest!

Thanks for sharing, this one's a keeper!