
I have to say that blogging has not turned out to be my most favorite thing. (Surprise! Surprise!) I feel as though it gnaws at me everyday; calling me until I finally sit down to at least a couple of hours of me trying to make a worth while post. I also find myself comparing my currently plain blog to others who have FABULOUSLY decorated blogs with perfectly happy beautiful children, even more beautifully rested mothers, and fathers who bring home the bling which supports their all around wonderful life. Don't get me wrong; I am really happy but very normal. My kids only look perfect on Sundays (hence the picture) just before church and are usually a wreck by the end of sacrament meeting, I am NEVER rested and long for younger skin, body, and energy, Ryan does bring home the bling in the form of "I'm glad you like it honey. I searched by price and picked the cheapest thing I could find!" As I thought about this dilemma I decided that is why I started blogging in the first place; to show the real me. That includes the fun wonderful things we do and all the stuff in between. We are not perfect but dang we are FABULOUS! It is time to shift gears and be grateful for all I have. I will always have room for improvement but that is what makes life worth living! So I will continue on and blog to be grateful, normal, happy, & fabulous!
6 comments:
You are cute. And fabulous. I love your real-ness.
Your normal friend,
Hilary
You ARE FABULOUS and I love your blog and every time I am with you or around you I find myself thinking about how I think you are perfect and how I would like to be more like you. So, don't quit blogging, because your normal life is very inspiring!
You guys are the absolute best! I have learned so much from you in the year and a half that you have lived by us. We love you, Ryan, and the kids. Plus, I love that Ryan said it how it was and shopped by price. The PJ''s were absolutely darling :)
Amber - we just love you for your realness! You guys are the greatest and you are less than mediocre my dear. You are an amazing mom and I am floored by your dedication to your hubby and kids. That's all that matters in the end!
I have heard this statement many times by "blog-haters", that blogs are just other people rubbing their goodness in their faces, but I look at it differently. I think it of more as a chance to focus on the good things. Remember, peoples lives are NOT always as they seem and most people really are just normal! Focus on what makes you happy!
Well, I'm not sure what you are talking about!? Your kids are darling and I would love to be in as good of shape as you. Although I'm grateful that I can buy something even if Western Family doesn't make it. We all have our woes I guess.
Post a Comment